Spin It Again Recording Software Transfers your Cassettes and LP’s to CD and can even convert them to MP3 – by Acoustica (Windows Operating System Only. For restoration software for Mac take a look at this)
With Spin It Again you’ll be listening to your old music collection in double quick time
“I have tested Spin It Again (yes – I bought it and use it) and compared it with the professional software we use here at soundabout.net (which cost me in the region of £2000!) and I can definitely recommend it. It’s easy to use, the audio restoration works incredibly well and there’s a Free trial too so you can see for yourself how it works….”
A Simple, Friendly Interface That ‘just works’ and Now Version 2.5 has even more great Features
Use it with it’s built in wizards or for the more advanced users configure the software just how you want. The choice is yours.
- Record an LP, 78rpm or Cassette Tape or any sound source plugged into your computer.
- 78rpm records can be recorded at 45rpm and Spin It Again converts your recording to the correct speed for you
- Record an existing MP3, OGG, WMA or WAV file to process!
- Convert existing wav files to MP3
- Automatically Split Your Recording Up Into Tracks
- At the click of your mouse Spin It Again splits your recording into multiple tracks or you can add, delete, and adjust track markers manually to put them where you want.
- One Click Easily Removes noise, clicks, pops and tape hiss from your recording
- Select from a drop down menu how you would like Spin It Again to ‘clean up’ your recording, whether you want to reduce tape hiss or clicks and pops, and your recording will automatically be cleaned by the Spin It Again audio restoration software.
- Name your recording. Add artist, album, genre, year and title information.
- Convert to MP3 if you want to listen on your iPod or mp3 player
- Burn Your Recording To CD
Newbie or Expert – Here is a summary of what Spin It Again can do….
- Dedicated interface to easily record your old cassettes and records
- Support for monitoring on USB sound devices
- Record your old 78s and then just change the rate with a simple Recording Speed Adjustment drop down. No need to buy a record player that supports 78 rpm. Just record it a 45 rpm and use the adjustment.
- Automatically look up album information and track times over the Internet.
- Visual and audio wizards guide you through the recording level adjustment, hardware hookup, recording and editing process
- Automatic track detection and silence removal algorithm splits your albums into tracks ready for your iPod, MP3 or CD player
- Automatically removes old record clicks, pops and tape hiss
- Create audio CDs and/or convert recordings to MP3, OGG, WMA, and hi-fi WAV files
- Split up previously recorded MP3s, WAVs, WMAs or OGGs into multiple tracks or burn to CD.
- Burn tracks longer than one CD’s worth. For example, if you wanted to record a 4-tape audio book, it would burn it over as many CDs as it needed.
- Change the volume for each track!
- Type in track information during recording! Waste even less time during recording. Even if you are a slow typer, you should be able to type faster than it takes to record an album. This results in more saved time! It also aids and helps in track detection!
- Includes Print you own CD labels software
MORE INFORMATION HERE
For hardware, I bought the ART Phono Plus 2 USB phono preamp (see my review of it under that product listing) and used my old turntable.