NCH Software produce a stack of audio and video software, but one of them is designed for transferring Cassette and LP to CD. Not only does it run on Microsoft Windows operating systems, but is available for Mac users too which is something I’ve been asked about quite a lot recently. It’s definately worth checking out. Check out Golden Records here
Some Screen Shots from Golden Records Software
- Easy to use wizard takes you through the conversion process.
- Restoration tools automatically clean up damaged audio.
- Remove hiss, from old tapes or scratched records.
- Automatically detects silence to split audio into tracks.
- Built in CD burner to record CDs after the cassette, LP ripper or vinyl to CD wizard runs.
- Encodes into mp3 or wave file formats.
- Normalizes the volume of the recordings when converting to CD.
- Applies dc offset correction when converting analog to mp3
- Versions for Microsoft Windows and MAC operating systems
This software works pretty well, and if you’re looking for recording software with audio restoration tools Golden Records will do the job. I think I would prefer Spin It Again (see review) as I prefer the interface and work flow and to some extent the audio restoration tools. Having said that it is a competent piece of software plus there is a MAC operating system version so that may be the deciding factor for you.